Thursday, March 15, 2007

Shiny Shiny Columns

I love the new shinyshiny.tv columns. They address a wide range of issues from addictions to meeting people online, to streaming tv over the internet, to email etiquette. I have to admit however *hanging my head slightly in shame*, i haven't always had love for them. When they first appeared I did an grunt similar to that of an old person, and muttered a little to myself about how they cluttered up the page where I could be looking at pretty pictures of gadgets that i don't need but like the look of. Oh and that I wouldn't ever possibly have the time to read the columns (since my once a day checks of shiny shiny quite often these days consist of me scrolling very quickly down the page when i should be doing work, quickly informing myself of what i've missed while being tied down to my desk [actually I say desk but currently I can't use mine because it is suffering from desk mess syndrome - thank goodness for laptops]). But the thing is I find them relevant, and even when they are not relevant to me I find them interesting. And so I make time. I have given in to change. What is next for me I wonder? Perhaps an proactive adult stance to deciding what to do after uni. Only time will tell.

And talking of relevance while I was reading this column called 'Why IM is ruining my life', a lovely orange flashing popup window appeared distracting me slightly from reading it, in fact it's flashing now, hold on...

No comments: