Friday, March 23, 2007

Quotes

How is it that wise people manage to say things so eloquently when I can barely manage to explain a fully formed concept I have in my head in under 100 words (OK so slight exaggeration but I'm not quote-worthy by any stretch of the imagination).

Just a few examples:
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. ~Oscar Wilde

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt. - unknown

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

I particularly love the Albert Einstein quote because it really flows and seems to ring true. It explains so much more beautifully than 'either I'm insane or they are insane? aggggggggggggggghhh which is it?' Doesn't quite have the same impact does it?

No comments: