Friday, February 10, 2006

Rotary and Shelter Boxes

I attended a Youth Speak yesterday that my brother was taking part in, both my old school (my brother's team) and my old college were represented there. What was interesting is that Rotary who are an international network of service volunteers, sponsor this event, and also several others which include Young Poet, Young Chef and Young Musician. I know that I was completely unaware of their involvement and think that it is important to recognise the good that they are doing in promoting youth talent!

They are also involved in Charity work sending Shelter Boxes to be used disaster areas that provide all the equipment necessary for 10 people, this includes sleeping bags, a tent, cooking equipment and other stuff that's useful like clean water. You can make a donation towards these boxes here.

More Links:
RowGirls race across atlantic and help Rotary Shelter Boxes
The Rotary Website
The Shelter Box Website

No comments: