Sunday, February 18, 2007

Vox.com

I have just started a new blog at vox.com in an attempt to find something prettier than blogger which I can use, and I have to say vox wins hands down in the easy prettiness stakes. If I had any vague understanding of html i'm sure that blogger would be the better option, but sadly at 21 i seem to be losing my brain agility for understanding new computer based things.

As far as I can work out however, there is no way to import twitter, which is annoying. And although it has several tools regarding importing things from youtube (which i do actually use), it is also advertising flickr which I have never had patience with. It is also based on a neighbourhood scheme, which involves you being able to blog simply at family and friends, as well as to the big wide world... as much as I actually quite like this idea, I am painfully aware that i'm the only one sad enough amongst my friends to blog so I would not be able to use this option. It also won't let me send blog posts that i make on vox to this blog, although I haven't yet checked whether I can do it from the blogger side of things.

Also having Facebook, plenty of gmail emails, twitter and this blog to occupy what time i do not have, it raises the question do I really need something else to log into and check or update. In fact I deleted my MySpace account a couple of months ago because it just seemed pointless and increased the amount of spam I received about ten fold.

Basically I'm left wondering if I can really justify swapping functionality for prettiness. I don't think I can. As I am however, lothe to part with my pretty new page I am going to have to think of a cunning way to use it. Ideas on a postcard please.

No comments: