Monday, February 26, 2007

Prada Phone

Now if any of you know me, you will know i'm a complete mobile freak, in fact i'm a bit of a general gadget freak, but for some reason i suffer from phone boredom more than with any other type of gadget. Perhaps because I have to use my mobile alot more than anything else I own, or perhaps i'm just very shallow and don't want to be carrying a mobile i'm embarrassed of, whatever the reason i'm afraid i have the itch again... my samsung e900 is boring me slightly. It has done very well for itself, making me loyal to it for about a year (for me a real feat), but i feel it may be time to move on.

I hadn't seen anything that was offering me what I really want out of a mobile, most notably wi-fi (my internet through my network is ridiculously expensive), until i saw the iPhone release to which initially the only fault I could find was that it wasn't a clamshell or a slider (i like that little bit of drama when you have to open it to answer a call or hang up - loser i know). It has wi-fi woo! But then the bombshell, it's not being introduced in the UK until Q4, now call me impatient but i don't think i can last that long.

The options are then to import one from the US in June (slightly excessive), or find something else. Enter LG Prada Phone. Now it doesn't have wi-fi, but it is very pretty, still touchscreen and most importantly i don't have to wait until winter for it, i'm being tempted. Apparently Prada has been quite forceful in making sure that they are involved in the design process and it seems it has had quite an effect on the product. The more I see it the more i love it, who needs Apple anyway!

Here is the shinyshiny.tv original article about the phone.

Here is the LG (rather empty) product page.
Here is the link to the video review on shinyshiny.tv.

No comments: