Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lecture Notes

I just noticed this post on The Diaries of UK Law Students about how it can be impossible to keep up with lecturers in lectures, resulting in incomprehensible notes. I actually laughed out loud and it brought back memories of some of my notes I have come across when trying to revise. My personal favourite was in the first year. Property I. It went something along the lines of 'Estoppel requires detriment as seen in the case of A, similar facts to a previous case, ok now i'm lost, i'm sorry for me trying to read this back, it makes no sense. textbook?!'

Similarly last year during reading the facts of a case I had written in a lecture where I was particularly far behind in the notes I discovered one sentance which said 'est. det. ECJ. HL. conflict. damages.' umm yeah, that could actually be any case, and what?! Perhaps lecturers can't slow down otherwise we won't cover the material, but then when I asked to record lectures I was told by many lecturers that they didn't like it. I think the moral of the story is learn shorthand, that is if you can find time around everything else!

No comments: